Colour Help!

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Colour Help!

Post by admin »

how did you see the aberrant pixel column?
Zoom into the very left border and scroll down the image. You will see a constant vertical "line".
Selection_515.jpg
Selection_515.jpg (26.27 KiB) Viewed 1615 times
It pays to always closely inspect the borders of your dataset to make sure there are no stacking-related artefacts visible.
For ease, I always crop a good few pixels, even if I can't readily see anything, just to be safe.
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
thewormofautumn

Post by thewormofautumn »

you rock, thanks very much for the explanation (and patience with a noob!)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

thewormofautumn wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:31 am you rock, thanks very much for the explanation (and patience with a noob!)
No way this is data from a beginner! It's excellent and deep, with great framing. Some star shape/distortion issues perhaps, but that's really nitpicking. I'm working on something that can help here too. There is lots to like here. :thumbsup:
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
thewormofautumn

Post by thewormofautumn »

haha thanks for your kind words! But a total beginner. This is my 3rd image ever, and the first from a cooled astro cam. Trying to learn as much as possible, but there's so much to take in.

Looking forward to your upcoming changes. Love this product! It makes the process easier to understand than most.