I think my images are going well until I try to color them in the color module

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
Mike in Rancho

Re: I think my images are going well until I try to color them in the color module

Post by Mike in Rancho »

Interesting discussion.

So Ivo, I've probably seen this before, but good to know again I guess -- in these scenarios in Color module the R, G, and B sliders are locked to the filters/elements they were loaded as in composite, i.e. S, H, and O. So even if the mapping is a blended channel, let's say R = 20% SII, 80% Ha, reducing R bias doesn't reduce red per se, but actually Ha, wherever it may be used at?

Thus, again regardless of the mapping to create different colors, if say OP really wanted to reveal what's going on with his SII and it's coloring, he would likely keep R bias reduction minimized, and perhaps throttle back on pesky Ha (G)?

Anyway, Xonefs I do like what you were doing with the Contrast module. I realize I have very much been underusing it, and probably overusing HDR to make up for it. I will have to keep in mind Ivo's remarks about whittling away at the details large-medium-small.

Your SII alone as mono really does have great detail. Which "cloud" structures were you referring to, however? Taking a guess, in the HDR I backed off on the shadow boosting but upped the highlight boosting, adjusting other parameters as needed (including backing off the gamma smooth). To me, this seemed to help show the bright edges which often helps reveal cloud structure. Of course it all depends, some structures might reveal better in the shadows I suppose.

Here was a screenshot of the latest playing around with it, where my intent actually was to start trying to show off your SII cloudy detail. Not sure how well I succeeded? Scaled way down, but seemed to look pretty cool on the screen in ST. Will scope out your example a-bin links too.

xonefs lagoon screenshot.jpg
xonefs lagoon screenshot.jpg (277.34 KiB) Viewed 3836 times

Edit: Sharpen may help too? I didn't use any here.
xonefs

Re: I think my images are going well until I try to color them in the color module

Post by xonefs »

^that attempt looks better and best so far in terms of detail. do you have a log?

(just using my first image to illustrate):

I think it's probably contrast all over but these are areas that jump out at me that makes it obvious my image is deficient, and they should be very crisp (see my individual channels and those astrobin examples).
I'm resisting the urge to start working on another version now or I'll be up all night again
Mike in Rancho

Post by Mike in Rancho »

Ok, those are the ones I kind of thought you meant, though there's even more all over. Cool detail captured here.

I actually didn't save the log, since I was just playing. I usually rename them for the archives only after completed saves. But, it was still in the recycle bin!

Code: Select all

-----------------------------------------------------------
StarTools 1.8.518beta
Sun Oct 24 21:13:57 2021
Loading red channel data
File loaded in LRGB module [D:\POST-PROCESSING\ST\xonefs\Lagoon\m8-Sulphur_II.fits].
Loading green channel data
File loaded in LRGB module [D:\POST-PROCESSING\ST\xonefs\Lagoon\m8-Hydrogen-alpha.fits].
Loading blue channel data
File loaded in LRGB module [D:\POST-PROCESSING\ST\xonefs\Lagoon\m8-Oxygen_III.fits].
--- Compose
Parameter [Luminance, Color] set to [L + Synthetic L From RGB, RGB]
Parameter [Color Ch. Interpolation] set to [On]
Parameter [NB Accents Type] set to [Ha/S-II from NB filter]
Parameter [Lum Total Exposure] set to [Not set]
Parameter [Blue Total Exposure] set to [1h00m (60m) (3600s)]
Parameter [Green Total Exposure] set to [1h00m (60m) (3600s)]
Parameter [Red Total Exposure] set to [1h00m (60m) (3600s)]
Image size is 8539 x 6239
Type of Data: Linear, was not Bayered, or was Bayered + white balanced
--- Bin
Parameter [Scale] set to [scale 35.38% / +3.00 bits / +1.83x SNR improvement]
Image size is 3021 x 2207
--- Auto Develop
Parameter [Ignore Fine Detail <] set to [Off]
Parameter [Outside RoI Influence] set to [15 %]
Parameter [RoI X1] set to [0 pixels]
Parameter [RoI Y1] set to [0 pixels]
Parameter [RoI X2] set to [3021 pixels (-0)]
Parameter [RoI Y2] set to [2207 pixels (-0)]
Parameter [Detector Gamma] set to [1.00]
Parameter [Shadow Linearity] set to [50 %]
--- Rotate
Parameter [Angle] set to [357.1]
--- Crop
Parameter [X1] set to [124 pixels]
Parameter [Y1] set to [253 pixels]
Parameter [X2] set to [2953 pixels (-175)]
Parameter [Y2] set to [2012 pixels (-345)]
Image size is 2829 x 1759
--- Wipe
Parameter [Synthetic Dark/Bias] set to [Off]
Parameter [Gradient Edge Behavior] set to [Bounce Back]
Parameter [Synthetic Flats] set to [Off]
Parameter [Sampling Precision] set to [128 x 128 pixels]
Parameter [Dark Anomaly Filter] set to [Off]
Parameter [Gradient Falloff] set to [0 %]
Parameter [Synth. Bias Edge Area] set to [100 %]
Parameter [Gradient Aggressiveness] set to [0 %]
Parameter [Correlation Filtering] set to [Off]
Redoing stretch of linear data
--- Auto Develop
Parameter [Ignore Fine Detail <] set to [1.8 pixels]
Parameter [RoI X2] set to [2829 pixels (-0)]
Parameter [RoI Y2] set to [1759 pixels (-0)]
--- Contrast
Parameter [Expose Dark Areas] set to [Yes]
Parameter [Brightness Retention] set to [Off]
Parameter [Precision] set to [256 x 256 pixels]
Parameter [Shadow Detail Size] set to [10 pixels]
Parameter [Locality] set to [77 %]
Parameter [Shadow Dyn Range Alloc] set to [62 %]
--- HDR
Parameter [Signal Flow] set to [Tracked]
Parameter [Quality] set to [Medium]
Parameter [Gamma Shadow (Lift)] set to [1.03]
Parameter [Gamma Highlight (Tame)] set to [1.10]
Parameter [Gamma Smoothen] set to [5.0 pixels]
Parameter [Context Size] set to [50x50 pixels (1.77% image W, 2.84% image H)]
Parameter [Shadows Detail Boost] set to [5 %]
Parameter [Highlights Detail Boost] set to [35 %]
Mask used (BASE64 PNG encoded)

--- Spatially Variant PSF Deconvolution
Parameter [PSF Resampling] set to [None]
Parameter [Synthetic PSF Model] set to [Moffat Beta=4.765 (Trujillo) (Atmosphere)]
Parameter [Sampled PSF Area] set to [15x15]
Parameter [Synthetic PSF Radius] set to [2.0 pixels]
Parameter [Synthetic Iterations] set to [15x]
Parameter [Spatial Error] set to [1.00]
Parameter [Deringing Fuzz] set to [30.0 pixels]
Parameter [Deringing Detect] set to [75 %]
Parameter [Dyn. Range Extension] set to [1.00]
Parameter [Linearity Cutoff] set to [85 %]
Parameter [Sampled Iterations] set to [10x]
Parameter [Deringing Amount] set to [0.90]
The deconv was just synthetic, and the color module ended up with the settings you see in the screenshot (didn't hit keep so it never went into the log).

I will probably stay up. :lol: It's clear I need the Contrast practice, and your data is great for it. Should work well on my Pacman also.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

xonefs wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:22 am Hello, thanks for answering. It does and doesn't, since I'm still not sure if I can achieve what I want to in ST or how to go about doing it and where the limitation is. As far as scientific accuracy of color- well I'm not really concerned with that as most us are not scientists and choosing one of the complex percentage ratios of channels and adjusting bias to achieve a certain look doesn't seem much different than making some adjustments to taste. (how useful is a SHO 60% SII+40% HA, 30% SII+30%HA+40%OIII, 50%HA+50%OIII blend in conveying information or anything useful scientifically to a viewer?). I just want it within reason and to create separation. I'm not looking to invent pure fantasy but if the end result isn't aesthetically pleasing within a reasonable range, and on a level comparable to other images people are creating out there, then there's not much point in doing this for me.
I'm afraid you are missing the point; I'm trying to explain how/why the tools work the way they work so you can wield them effectively and to taste. It's not about being scientists or ideological esoterics.

The blends chosen are popular because they invariably choose colors that are opposites in the color wheel, maximising the usefulness of human color perception (for example blue and orange are perfect opposites).

Without understanding what the tools do (and why) you will just be pulling on sliders until you're "least unhappy". If you do understand what the tools do (and why) it is much easier to get to something you like and that will be comparable to the work of others.
here's a lagoon example I found that seems reasonable to strive for (both in detail and color level): https://www.astrobin.com/21hu4v/?nc=user
is this not grounded in reality and unreasonable?
That looks totally plausible to me, and - colorwise - seems to approach Mike's earlier rendition quite closely.
I am equally referring to depth and detail and not just color. I see this detail in my channels before attempting to process in ST.
Now that you are (hopefully) across how StarTools processes luminance and detail are separately (one does not influence the other), we can now divide and conquer processing to your tastes much easier.
is that reasonable? Looking specifically at the structures around the edge look much better detail than after I processed or the other attempts I've seen here, and coloring seems natural.
That looks reasonable to me, and the detail is pretty easy to emulate.

To emulate that sort of detail, just pay attention to your dynamic range (global and local) and follow a workflow that progressively refines it.
Your dataset is actually much deeper than the examples you are giving.

To optimize the global dynamic range less for the extended detail, just specify a tighter RoI in AutoDev that excludes the extended detail (mostly Ha).

No RoI;
StarTools_2792.jpg
StarTools_2792.jpg (265.96 KiB) Viewed 3823 times
Tighter RoI;
StarTools_2791.jpg
StarTools_2791.jpg (256.07 KiB) Viewed 3823 times
Use Contrast for the address large scale local dynamic range discrepancies. For example, start off with the 'Local' preset and modify the Locality parameter to vary how local the dynamic range is optimized. Or use the default 'Basic' preset and, again, modify the Locality to taste.
StarTools_2793.jpg
StarTools_2793.jpg (243.04 KiB) Viewed 3823 times
Next, run HDR. The Defaults ('Reveal' preset) tend to be a good starting point. I'm going with all defaults here as a baseline in most modules, but push detail as you see fit obviously.
StarTools_2794.jpg
StarTools_2794.jpg (263.89 KiB) Viewed 3823 times
Run Sharp, then Decon;
Selection_728.jpg
Selection_728.jpg (109.9 KiB) Viewed 3823 times
Selection_727.jpg
Selection_727.jpg (153.95 KiB) Viewed 3823 times
Giving Decon the best possible signal you can muster is one of the reasons why you would want to bin to make use of the oversampling (which gives you a cleaner signal). As you can see this actually gains you detail, rather than leaving it a blurry mess.

And then it's time for the Color module;

You can the usual blue/orange;
StarTools_2795.jpg
StarTools_2795.jpg (369.69 KiB) Viewed 3823 times
Or a lesser known still SHO(!) palette;
StarTools_2796.jpg
StarTools_2796.jpg (365.76 KiB) Viewed 3823 times
I like this palette, as it tends to yield coloring that is closer to visual spectrum while still being sort-of SHO.

Bigger version of the image;
Does that help?
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
xonefs

Post by xonefs »

^Wow thank you. Yes those are getting closer to what I'm looking for and starting to look nice.

To clarify yes I understand color and luminance is separate- what I was trying to convey is often it appears I am on the right track when working with luminance and then it becomes more obvious that I wasn't once I get to later stages with color added and see the final image. I know the color module doesn't change it but it is less obvious to me while I'm working with just luminance that the detail and contrast isn't pushed nearly far enough.

I actually started with a ROI stretch like that but then as I was misusing the HDR module and you corrected me last night and mentioned that my data looked overstretched in addition to oversampled- so I tried with no ROI at all this time around. so I guess maybe I need somewhere in between and I was understretched here.

Yes, I do not want to be working blindly and I am trying to understand what things do as I go and find a proper workflow. I read the documentation on modules and sliders trying to figure them out but I still just sometimes don't know the best way to use them and which step needs more work. this is why it's helpful asking here and I'm glad you and others are responsive and willing to help.

How much did you bin there? Reading the doc it says "In order to see what that limit is, you simply keep reducing resolution until no blurriness can be detected when zooming into the image." I don't really understand that and I couldn't really tell a specific point easily- below .5 I thought I might be losing detail. I ended up just binning around 60% to get me the resolution I have with my current 2600mm on this scope at 1.44"/pixel instead of .9" here.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

xonefs wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:05 am ^Wow thank you. Yes those are getting closer to what I'm looking for and starting to look nice.
Good to hear! :thumbsup:
To clarify yes I understand color and luminance is separate- what I was trying to convey is often it appears I am on the right track when working with luminance and then it becomes more obvious that I wasn't once I get to later stages with color added and see the final image. I know the color module doesn't change it but it is less obvious to me while I'm working with just luminance that the detail and contrast isn't pushed nearly far enough.
That's the thing; that shouldn't be happening, as things really should be indistinguishable between colored and uncolered (hence the mention of monitor calibration).
Yes, I do not want to be working blindly and I am trying to understand what things do as I go and find a proper workflow. I read the documentation on modules and sliders trying to figure them out but I still just sometimes don't know the best way to use them and which step needs more work. this is why it's helpful asking here and I'm glad you and others are responsive and willing to help.
That's great - as a developer it's a tricky one writing documentation vs teaching best practices. One is firmly in the domain of the developer, the other is something I try to facilitate but can take many words, videos and pictures to explain.
How much did you bin there? Reading the doc it says "In order to see what that limit is, you simply keep reducing resolution until no blurriness can be detected when zooming into the image." I don't really understand that and I couldn't really tell a specific point easily- below .5 I thought I might be losing detail. I ended up just binning around 60% to get me the resolution I have with my current 2600mm on this scope at 1.44"/pixel instead of .9" here.
This was at 35% X and Y. As you can see comparing the before and after decon, even at 35% you actually gain detail by binning down and then using deconvolution.

Rule of thumb is that the stellar profile of a non-overexposing stars should roughly fit in a 3x3 to 5x5 square, but definitely not less. Leaving a bit of blurriness allows decon to restore some detail in its "place".

Another test is if you can bin down, then scale up again without losing any actual detail (you may lose some noise in the process, but that's it). The thing is; if you bin down, perform decon, then scale up you will actually be better off, as you will have restored more detail than you started off with. The binning will have helped decon with a better signal by pooling the signal from the neighboring pixels into one, more accurate pixel.
Ivo Jager
Mike in Rancho

Post by Mike in Rancho »

Nice stuff Ivo, I will have to come revisit this thread for more learning. I made a few mistakes in mine. :cry:

Nonetheless, Xonefs, I gave a run at the first a-bin image you linked. I couldn't quite get it right -- of course he had his own different data and who knows what he did, I was just trying to reverse engineer it, so I'm sure I messed things up. I think I got the orientation wrong by a degree or two. Perhaps in the ballpark though?

He/she also really smoothed things out, both internally and externally, except for certain details, so unsure about that.

My mistake noted above was that I forgot sharpen before deconv, though I threw it in later. Oops. I also ended up with a bit more green in the final. I could have gone into color and maybe taken out 10% green and it would match better, but...with tracking off, then I am just reducing green for art purposes and not properly working with Ha anymore. I think?

Honestly though, I think with your data and ST, you can actually do better than that sample image. I myself would do it differently, but...what do you think? Good learning for me though. :thumbsup:

xonefs mimic ST8 1C.jpg
xonefs mimic ST8 1C.jpg (452.29 KiB) Viewed 3812 times

Edit: Ivo, I'm getting a little lost now...I thought all the docs said we were supposed to keep some resolution in order for deconvolution to work right, not bin way down? I need to go back to school lol.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mike in Rancho wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:48 am Edit: Ivo, I'm getting a little lost now...I thought all the docs said we were supposed to keep some resolution in order for deconvolution to work right, not bin way down? I need to go back to school lol.
No, your understanding and reasoning is correct. That's pretty much what I tried to say;
Rule of thumb is that the stellar profile of a non-overexposing stars should roughly fit in a 3x3 to 5x5 square, but definitely not less (e.g. not 2x2). Leaving a bit of blurriness allows decon to restore some detail in its "place".
Having a stellar profile of a non-overxposing star (and thus should look like a single pixel point light), that is however still "smeared out" over a 3x3 or 5x5 square, means that there is still enough there for decon to re-concentrate that multi-pixel profile, into a single pixel point light.

To see what I mean, fire up GIMP and create a black image with a single bright pixel on it. Now run a small Gaussian blur on it. You should see the pixel "bleed" into the neighbouring pixels. In the case of decon, this is the image we are presented with, and the input image (the single pixel image) is the one we are trying to restore. The Gaussian blur is the Point Spread Function which we would use to try to restore the blurry image to the image with only point lights.

Does that help?
Ivo Jager
Mike in Rancho

Post by Mike in Rancho »

Thanks, Ivo!

It does help. I think I have been retaining more resolution that needed sometimes, even though I can see the overall improvement if I were to bin down another notch.

If only I would acquire some non-overexposing stars. :lol:

Recently though I had started relying more on a "how much do little stars and things start squaring off" rule of thumb on my bins on a mild zoom-in, because when I SVD those, the stars just become bright boxes.

That seems to have helped find a better compromise point, but I will start looking for ~4x4 stars (4x5 in the corners). Of course, there are always smaller and fainter stars... :think:
xonefs

Post by xonefs »

I think I'm starting to get somewhere (edit: more I look again I still am not happy with a lot)... though I was just messing around a ton to get here and im not sure which modules made the biggest difference. Entropy module really helped actually after color to get that definition around the edge

At some point in my later modules the background gets crushed pretty far black. I'm not sure where exactly- maybe from superstructure but I was messing with a lot. I like the nebula standing out but that's a bit too black. I've noticed similar happening in some of my other image attempts.

I noticed processing with the contrast module in early stages I couldn't get the contrast far enough how I wanted there- after a certain point of changing locality it just seemed to bring up background and not create contrast in all the spots I want. I find I have to be very conservative with the HDR module settings for me to be ok with what it does and the look, which is fine.

I still would like to have more control of star color with different narrowband blends and mixtures- some make stars look pretty off. I could still desaturate some stars here I think. I tried creating a star mask in color module but I have an issue the autogen creates some really weird irregular star mask shapes- so I didn't attempt it.
This did take a lot of time and it would be nice if there was a way to go back and create different versions more easily. i'm still not sure how the restore function is supposed to work. looking at it more the background is bothering me but once noise reduction is done I can't restore or go back. I don't really have it in me for another attempt from scratch too soon and I don't know if I can recreate what worked.

Code: Select all

StarTools 1.8.518beta
Tue Oct 26 01:57:06 2021
Loading red channel data
File loaded in LRGB module [/Users/jason/Pictures/Astro deep sky SVX/M8 lagoon/Lagoon files/m8-Sulphur_II.fits].
File loaded in LRGB module [/Users/jason/Pictures/Astro deep sky SVX/M8 lagoon/Lagoon files/m8-Hydrogen-alpha.fits].
Loading blue channel data
File loaded in LRGB module [/Users/jason/Pictures/Astro deep sky SVX/M8 lagoon/Lagoon files/m8-Oxygen_III.fits].
--- Compose
Parameter [Luminance, Color] set to [L + Synthetic L From RGB, RGB]
Parameter [Color Ch. Interpolation] set to [On]
Parameter [NB Accents Type] set to [Ha/S-II from NB filter]
Parameter [Lum Total Exposure] set to [Not set]
Parameter [Blue Total Exposure] set to [1h00m (60m) (3600s)]
Parameter [Green Total Exposure] set to [1h00m (60m) (3600s)]
Parameter [Red Total Exposure] set to [1h00m (60m) (3600s)]
Image size is 8539 x 6239
Type of Data: Linear, was not Bayered, or was Bayered + white balanced
--- Auto Develop
Parameter [RoI X2] set to [8539 pixels (-0)]
Parameter [RoI Y2] set to [6239 pixels (-0)]
--- Rotate
Parameter [Angle] set to [357.6]
--- Crop
Parameter [X1] set to [8337 pixels]
Parameter [Y1] set to [610 pixels]
Parameter [X2] set to [271 pixels (-8521)]
Parameter [Y2] set to [5680 pixels (-911)]
Image size is 8068 x 5070
--- Auto Develop
Parameter [RoI X2] set to [8068 pixels (-0)]
Parameter [RoI Y2] set to [5070 pixels (-0)]
--- Bin
Parameter [Scale] set to [scale 50.00% / +2.00 bits / +1.00x SNR improvement]
Image size is 4034 x 2535
--- Wipe
Parameter [Synthetic Dark/Bias] set to [Off]
Parameter [Gradient Edge Behavior] set to [Bounce Back]
Parameter [Synthetic Flats] set to [Off]
Parameter [Sampling Precision] set to [128 x 128 pixels]
Parameter [Dark Anomaly Filter] set to [1 pixels]
Parameter [Gradient Falloff] set to [0 %]
Parameter [Synth. Bias Edge Area] set to [100 %]
Parameter [Gradient Aggressiveness] set to [0 %]
Parameter [Correlation Filtering] set to [Off]
--- Auto Develop
Parameter [RoI X1] set to [3284 pixels]
Parameter [RoI Y1] set to [436 pixels]
Parameter [RoI X2] set to [505 pixels (-3529)]
Parameter [RoI Y2] set to [1989 pixels (-546)]
--- Contrast
Parameter [Brightness Retention] set to [Global Mode Align, Darken Only]
Parameter [Precision] set to [128 x 128 pixels]
Parameter [Shadow Detail Size] set to [15 pixels]
Parameter [Locality] set to [67 %]
Parameter [Shadow Dyn Range Alloc] set to [28 %]
--- Auto Develop
Parameter [Ignore Fine Detail <] set to [4.9 pixels]
Parameter [RoI X1] set to [752 pixels]
Parameter [RoI Y1] set to [576 pixels]
Parameter [RoI X2] set to [3301 pixels (-733)]
Parameter [RoI Y2] set to [1896 pixels (-639)]
Parameter [Detector Gamma] set to [1.02]
Parameter [Shadow Linearity] set to [48 %]
--- Contrast
Parameter [Locality] set to [35 %]
Parameter [Shadow Dyn Range Alloc] set to [50 %]
--- Wavelet Sharpen
Parameter [Structure Size] set to [Large]

--- SNR-aware Wavelet Sharpening
Parameter [Protection] set to [Shadow/Highlights]
Parameter [Scale 1] set to [100 %]
Parameter [Scale 2] set to [100 %]
Parameter [Scale 3] set to [100 %]
Parameter [Scale 4] set to [100 %]
Parameter [Scale 5] set to [100 %]
Parameter [Mask Fuzz] set to [4 pixels]
Parameter [Amount] set to [505 %]
Parameter [High SNR Size Bias] set to [85 %]
Parameter [Low SNR Size Bias] set to [0 %]
Parameter [Dark/Light Enhance] set to [40% / 60%]
--- HDR
Parameter [Signal Flow] set to [Tracked]
Parameter [Quality] set to [Medium]
Parameter [Gamma Shadow (Lift)] set to [1.00]
Parameter [Gamma Highlight (Tame)] set to [1.14]
Parameter [Gamma Smoothen] set to [21.9 pixels]
Parameter [Context Size] set to [64x64 pixels (1.59% image W, 2.52% image H)]
Parameter [Shadows Detail Boost] set to [10 %]
Parameter [Highlights Detail Boost] set to [10 %]

--- Spatially Variant PSF Deconvolution
Parameter [PSF Resampling] set to [None]
Parameter [Synthetic PSF Model] set to [Moffat Beta=4.765 (Trujillo) (Atmosphere)]
Parameter [Sampled PSF Area] set to [15x15]
Parameter [Synthetic PSF Radius] set to [1.5 pixels]
Parameter [Synthetic Iterations] set to [10x]
Parameter [Spatial Error] set to [1.00]
Parameter [Deringing Fuzz] set to [20.0 pixels]
Parameter [Deringing Detect] set to [50 %]
Parameter [Dyn. Range Extension] set to [1.00]
Parameter [Linearity Cutoff] set to [85 %]
Parameter [Sampled Iterations] set to [10x]
Parameter [Deringing Amount] set to [0.80]

--- Shrink
Parameter [Mode] set to [Dim]
Parameter [Halo Extend] set to [2 pixels]
Parameter [Iterations] set to [7]
Parameter [Regularization] set to [0.85]
Parameter [Color Taming] set to [0 pixels]
Parameter [De-ringing] set to [Off]
Parameter [Un-glow Strength] set to [Off]
Parameter [Un-glow Kernel] set to [Off]

--- Shrink
Parameter [Mode] set to [Tighten]
Parameter [Halo Extend] set to [1 pixels]
Parameter [Iterations] set to [10]
Parameter [Regularization] set to [0.85]
Parameter [Color Taming] set to [2 pixels]
Parameter [De-ringing] set to [Off]
Parameter [Un-glow Strength] set to [Off]
Parameter [Un-glow Kernel] set to [Off]
File saved [/Users/jason/Pictures/Astro deep sky SVX/M8 lagoon/Lagoon files/NewComposite lum.tiff].
--- Contrast
Parameter [Locality] set to [12 %]
Parameter [Shadow Dyn Range Alloc] set to [50 %]
--- Color
Parameter [Bias Slider Mode] set to [Sliders Reduce Color Bias]
Parameter [Style] set to [Artistic, Detail Aware]
Parameter [LRGB Method Emulation] set to [RGB Ratio, CIELab Luminance Retention]
Parameter [Matrix] set to [SHO 40SII+60Ha,40Ha+60OIII,100OIII]
Parameter [Dark Saturation] set to [2.6]
Parameter [Bright Saturation] set to [2.1]
Parameter [Saturation Amount] set to [284 %]
Parameter [Blue Bias Reduce] set to [1.57]
Parameter [Green Bias Reduce] set to [5.75]
Parameter [Red Bias Reduce] set to [1.00]
Parameter [Mask Fuzz] set to [1.0 pixels]
Parameter [Cap Green] set to [0 %]
Parameter [Highlight Repair] set to [8 pixels]
--- Entropy-driven Detail Enhancement
Parameter [Resolution] set to [High]
Parameter [Channel Selection] set to [Red (SHO SII,Vis.Ha)]
Parameter [Strength] set to [69 %]
Parameter [Midtone Pull Filter] set to [20.0 pixels]
Parameter [Midtone Pull Strength] set to [49 %]
Parameter [Dark/Light Enhance] set to [0% / 100%]
--- Filter
Parameter [Filter Mode] set to [Reject]
Parameter [Sampling Method] set to [3x3 Average]
Parameter [Filter Width] set to [8]
--- Super Structure
Parameter [Detail Preservation] set to [Linear Brightness Mask Darken]
Parameter [Compositing Algorithm] set to [Multiply, Gamma Correct]
Parameter [Brightness, Color] set to [Process Both]
Parameter [Brightness Retention] set to [Local Median]
Parameter [Airy Disk Radius] set to [50 %]
Parameter [Gamma] set to [0.75]
Parameter [Detail Preservation Radius] set to [20.0 pixels]
Parameter [Saturation] set to [50 %]
Parameter [Strength] set to [100 %]
--- Super Structure
Parameter [Detail Preservation] set to [Linear Brightness Mask]
Parameter [Compositing Algorithm] set to [Screen]
Parameter [Brightness, Color] set to [Only Color]
Parameter [Airy Disk Radius] set to [50 %]
Parameter [Gamma] set to [0.50]
Parameter [Detail Preservation Radius] set to [20.0 pixels]
Parameter [Saturation] set to [163 %]
Parameter [Strength] set to [100 %]
File saved [/Users/jason/Pictures/Astro deep sky SVX/M8 lagoon/Lagoon files/pre denoise.tiff].
--- Unified De-Noise
Parameter [Grain Size] set to [6.4 pixels]
Parameter [Walking Noise Size] set to [1.0 pixels]
Parameter [Walking Noise Angle] set to [0]
--- Unified De-Noise
Parameter [Scale 1] set to [99 %]
Parameter [Scale 2] set to [95 %]
Parameter [Scale 3] set to [95 %]
Parameter [Scale 4] set to [95 %]
Parameter [Scale 5] set to [50 %]
Parameter [Equalized Grain] set to [0 %]
Parameter [Scale Correlation] set to [50 %]
Parameter [Color Detail Loss] set to [50 %]
Parameter [Brightness Detail Loss] set to [50 %]
Parameter [Grain Dispersion] set to [6.4 pixels]
File saved [/Users/jason/Pictures/Astro deep sky SVX/M8 lagoon/Lagoon files/take 2.tiff].