Deselecting dso core on a star mask

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
AstroNebulee

Deselecting dso core on a star mask

Post by AstroNebulee »

Hi
When I come to do the shrink module for the stars to enable classic mode and create a mask for the stars it selects the core of the dso and other elements I want to keep untouched by the module. How do I deselect these and keep the stars masked.
Thank you for looking
ionia23

Re: Deselecting dso core on a star mask

Post by ionia23 »

Hello,

Here's a trick I use for that situation.

If, say, the DSO core got selected when building the star mask, I deselect the core by clicking on the masked area with "flood lighter pixels" enabled. This deselects that one "blob"

I hope this helps.
AstroNebulee

Post by AstroNebulee »

ionia23 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:24 am Hello,

Here's a trick I use for that situation.

If, say, the DSO core got selected when building the star mask, I deselect the core by clicking on the masked area with "flood lighter pixels" enabled. This deselects that one "blob"

I hope this helps.
Hi
Ionia23
Thank you, I will try that after work to see if it works for me, its a shame you can't just right click anything that you don't want to be masked whilst using the star mask.
happy-kat

Post by happy-kat »

The mask is very flexible to use, to deselect a DSO area select the lasso tool then start drawing your area to exclude by making sure the first pixel selected is in the mask i.e. green then when you complete drawing your shape everything within is now removed from the mask
AstroNebulee

Post by AstroNebulee »

happy-kat wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:49 am The mask is very flexible to use, to deselect a DSO area select the lasso tool then start drawing your area to exclude by making sure the first pixel selected is in the mask i.e. green then when you complete drawing your shape everything within is now removed from the mask
Hi Happy Kat
Thank you, I have briefly seen the use of the lasso tool in removing artifacts during an auto dev. I shall try this tonight when I've created the star mask in the shrink module. 👍