The Halos that Aren't

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
Mike in Rancho

Re: The Halos that Aren't

Post by Mike in Rancho »

Thanks, Stefan. :thumbsup:

Well, that scope diaper looks very professional, and would so go against my duct tape and cardboard motif. Right now with the bucket I built to slip over the rear end, and the box I built to go over the focuser and camera (with arches precision-cut to sort of match the OTA), the whole thing looks like a kid's DIY robot. :D

I'll look for a nice fabric cover though sometime. All this good stuff seems to be coming from Germany though.

For test phase, the carboard is doing the job. Next step is to try to figure out how to make test baffles or the like. I think light is getting up into the focuser, or the side of it, and even though it's ridged from the factory, with all these mirrors once light gets bouncing around I can see it being trouble and making its way to the sensor. I also have some screws and even the spider hardware that seems too shiny for my liking. Sigh.

Anyway, we may have to kindly ask (beg) Ivo if he could take a crop of some of these stars and annotate what's going on here with the stellar profiles and spaceballs. :?