OSC and l-eNhance Filter processing

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
almw59

OSC and l-eNhance Filter processing

Post by almw59 »

Just obtained an l-eNhance filter and have been trying to find advice on how best to use StarTools to process the images captured with a OSC whilst using the filter. Seen several varied discussions some suggesting using the Compose mode whilst others suggest just opening the files as normal. Also seen talk of processing as HOO or Hubble pallet. I am using StarTools 1.9.541alpha. Any advice welcome.
Startrek

Re: OSC and l-eNhance Filter processing

Post by Startrek »

I posted a workflow of one of my images in Gallery , under Rosette HOO 3rd Feb , for OSC dualband processing via Compose using ST1.8 as another person requested some assistance with their Rosette image ( My example workflow was using NGC 2070 Tarantula Nebula)
Please understand that each data set is different and will probably require different parameters and settings in selected modules to achieve a good result.
The most important thing to do is to ensure your stacked data set complies with all the requirements of Startools

https://www.startools.org/links--tutori ... -and-donts

My example workflow is specific for my data set but does show general information for each module from loading into ST via Compose to final noise reduction and saving image file
Hope this offers some help

Cheers
Martin