Trouble with the Trifid

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with the Trifid

Post by admin »

Cheman wrote:
admin wrote:
Cheman wrote: Ivo, not intending to hijack, but concerning the color module, At home, I am running 1.3.5.289. On my work computer, I run a previous version(before the changes in the color module) I find I get much better color(to my eye)just by opening the module on the older version, than I get in the newer version. Probably something I'm doing, but just thought I'd mention it.
Che
Much appreciated Che. Would you be able to tell me which version you're running on your work computer?
Also, is there a particular way the color is off or simply less usable/pleasant/etc. than what you would expect/like?
Ivo, the version at work is 1.3.5.258. However, now that I've read more of what you've posted about, dark anomolies etc and color in general and how Startools does things, I'm not conviced its the color module that has a problem, but rather, my image(s) that I noticed this on may not have been ready for the color module yet( especially in regards to the wipe module, being more agressive with it) I tried the same image in both versions, which I had not done before, and got very similar results.
Thanks for always giving such detailed and useful information.
Che
Great! Do let me know if anything is off or doesn't work as expected - 'the user is always right'! :thumbsup:
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

whixson wrote:
admin wrote:
whixson wrote: I'm pretty sure I had Background Auto Equalize checked, will Undo that next time - thanks!
Great! Did you have any outstanding questions?
Ivo Jager
whixson

Post by whixson »

I think all my questions are outstanding! :lol:

Nothing more right now, I know there will be. I'm finding playing with parameters in AutoDev and Wipe is helping but I've still got a long way to go. Thanks for being here to help out. I feel like I ought to be paying a support fee to keep you going.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

whixson wrote:I think all my questions are outstanding! :lol:
:P
Nothing more right now, I know there will be. I'm finding playing with parameters in AutoDev and Wipe is helping but I've still got a long way to go. Thanks for being here to help out. I feel like I ought to be paying a support fee to keep you going.
Here to help. :thumbsup:
Ivo Jager