NGC 5371 and some friends

User images created with StarTools.
Stefan B

NGC 5371 and some friends

Post by Stefan B »

My good bye to 2022's galaxy season:

See https://www.astrobin.com/0hg7sq/ for details.

Regards
Stefan
decay

Re: NGC 5371 and some friends

Post by decay »

Hi Stefan, seems that you have new fans. My children came along yesterday night, while I was watching your image. Especially the colouring of the image and NGC 5390 have been much admired.
Looks like a difficult target, no image in Stellarium and HD 121197 (?) is pretty bright. :thumbsup:
I saw, it took two nights for 7 hours. Lucky you, here astronomical darkness has gone.
Best regards, Dietmar.
Stefan B

Post by Stefan B »

Hi Dietmar,

lucky you for having children interested in such images...when I look at a new image on the TV screen (since it looks different compared to my processing screen) my children tell me I shall switch to Bobo dormouse or Asterix and Obelix :lol:

The seven hours contain a huge amount of data not collected during astro dark. Honestly, I don't care. I just try. At the moment I get almost two hours of astro dark and it will vanish during June. I will image anyway if it's clear. With a bright moon it's also not very dark, right? ;)

Regards
Stefan
Mike in Rancho

Post by Mike in Rancho »

:thumbsup:

Did not know about this one. What a great little group of galaxy friends, and a beauty of a star field to go with it. I always like when blue and red stars are in close proximity.

And nice job getting that little spiral despite being so close to the big red star.

I just "finished" a May galaxy friends shot too that I will post up.
Stefan B

Post by Stefan B »

Thanks, Mike! Yes, controlling the bright star was a bit of struggle. I am not too happy with it but at some point I called it a day. I should have used your clever trick and decrease the saturation with inverting the Saturation preset in the SuperStructure module. But forgot about it :doh:

Regards
Stefan