NGC 7000

User images created with StarTools.
fmeireso

NGC 7000

Post by fmeireso »

A simple OSC with the L-enhance ...

But imho it looks allready quite nice. It was a grey night, at we call them here, meaning no astronomical darkness, actually 20 and 21 june the worst of all.

But is was transparent....

Lost half an hour because at first i had the wrong object, apperently some object in the NA, but NA itself was not centered. At first i did not understood untill i got the right one in APT to slew to...

So only 2 hours and 6 minutes of integration , not much, with the L-enhance and a unmodded Canon 800D

Sharpstar 61 EDPH FPL 53 doublet (the mark I) at F/4.5.

42 subs of 3 minutes each.

53 bias, 50 flats, no darks

Framing could have been better, also too late i realised i had more of the Pelican in the field then i bargained for, should have turned my DSLR 90°, ah well

But in the long run i like the picture. Not a blood red or screaming orange NA, i don't quite like that , just me

But i still want to make a Ha stack and use it as Luminance on the next clear night ...to see if the composit will make more impression..dunno
Na_Peleican_Crop2 (Large).jpg
Na_Peleican_Crop2 (Large).jpg (316.67 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
decay

Re: NGC 7000

Post by decay »

A great picture you have got there, Freddy! I like the subtle coloring. It's always difficult for me to decide how much saturation to set, but here you seem to have succeeded well.
And as said, it's fasccinating to see, how much red your 800D captures.
Unsettled weather is in the forecast for the next few days and since you live about 300 km west of me, the weather should be the same for you. I hope you will find an opportunity to capture the Ha Stack.

Best regards, Dietmar.
fmeireso

Post by fmeireso »

Thanks Dietmar;

Yes thisone came out pretty well despite the lack of darkness and limited integration time. Recently i started to use a Gerd Neumann panel for making flats. Seems to make a differnce too.
On the next occasion i will try to add some Ha, but i am unsure if that will make the picture much better.. we will see about that ...it will be fun to try though..
fmeireso

Post by fmeireso »

NGC7000_Cropped (Large).jpg
NGC7000_Cropped (Large).jpg (409.77 KiB) Viewed 1654 times
I guess adding Ha helped producing a nicer image. This is a composit with 2 hours HA mono used as luminace and the L-enhance stack for color, HOO approach.

Guess it came out even better....
decay

Post by decay »

Hi Freddy,

well done :thumbsup: The Ha helped a lot to improve your image further!
How did you shoot your Ha stack?

Best regards, Dietmar.
Mike in Rancho

Post by Mike in Rancho »

Nice Freddy! :thumbsup:

For sure an improvement. Also a bit deeper in the color which looks good, and some extra blue/purple to the center which adds some zing to it. Though some of the stars seem to have lost their blue-ish halo coloring from the original, which (to me) seems too bad.
fmeireso

Post by fmeireso »

decay wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:49 pm Hi Freddy,

well done :thumbsup: The Ha helped a lot to improve your image further!
How did you shoot your Ha stack?

Best regards, Dietmar.
Ha was taken with a mono modded DSLR. This means the bayer layer was removed from the sensor. I have this camera from a CN member who makes DSLR mods. A not so common approach perhaps but it sure works well.
fmeireso

Post by fmeireso »

Mike in Rancho wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:32 pm Nice Freddy! :thumbsup:

For sure an improvement. Also a bit deeper in the color which looks good, and some extra blue/purple to the center which adds some zing to it. Though some of the stars seem to have lost their blue-ish halo coloring from the original, which (to me) seems too bad.
Blue halo's is something i don't particulary like...for some brights stars , i just removed them Mike :D