fmeireso

Re: The Ghost of Cassiopeia, so difficult...puzzling

Post by fmeireso »

Stefan B wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:30 am

Certainly sounds like a hell of a project :lol:

Regards
Stefan
Yes it does , doesn't it? :doh: :lol:

Guess it boils down to get more integration time...alot more...

I don't see how the L-enhance can help much, since the object is mostly Ha. I could try to get color with the L-enhance perhaps but then i will loose starcolor again. OSC + L-enhance does show more in the OSC but at the price of starcolor...
Stefan B

Post by Stefan B »

fmeireso wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:33 pm I don't see how the L-enhance can help much, since the object is mostly Ha. I could try to get color with the L-enhance perhaps but then i will loose starcolor again. OSC + L-enhance does show more in the OSC but at the price of starcolor...
With OSC + l-eNhance you not only lose star color but also luminance of the reflection nebula. But mono+ l-eNhance has the advantage of smaller stars AND it's not the same as your Ha in NBAccent, so luminance ≠ NBAccent and thus complying to documentation ;) Alternatively you could only use broadband for RGB and mono + Ha for NBAccent. But then you'll get a lot of stars... Definitely not easy...

Regards
Stefan
fmeireso

Post by fmeireso »

Stefan B wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:53 pm
fmeireso wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:33 pm I don't see how the L-enhance can help much, since the object is mostly Ha. I could try to get color with the L-enhance perhaps but then i will loose starcolor again. OSC + L-enhance does show more in the OSC but at the price of starcolor...
With OSC + l-eNhance you not only lose star color but also luminance of the reflection nebula. But mono+ l-eNhance has the advantage of smaller stars AND it's not the same as your Ha in NBAccent, so luminance ≠ NBAccent and thus complying to documentation ;) Alternatively you could only use broadband for RGB and mono + Ha for NBAccent. But then you'll get a lot of stars... Definitely not easy...

Regards
Stefan
So you are suggesting using the L-enhance + mono DSLR...guess that is worth a try...but this would mean a bit starting over...and the weather is not coöperative unfortunately for the moment...guess this could lead to a two year procject :lol:
Stefan B

Post by Stefan B »

Oh, sorry, my fault. I got confused and thought your mono stack was l-eNhance. But it's Ha. :oops:
fmeireso

Post by fmeireso »

Guess i might post this here.

Just a little bit of progress imho. I am now at 12 hr Ha. I still used thesame OSC stack for coloring and somehow more red is starting to come out. The Ha captures were not favorable, in most cases the moon was present and in the last session the moon was about full...i just wanted to test it to see what was possible anyhow
I just tend to continue...waiting now 2 week for a true clear dark night and hoping to still adding Ha. I also threw in more darks in my Ha stack which helped to put the noise back...
Navi looks better...imho...at least a bit presentable...

I intend to capture perhaps another 10-12 hours and then just take the best subs and restack them , maybe also an additional OSC stack...
But it stays a tough target...
Next year i will try perhaps with a duoband filter....as people here allready suggested.
IC63Cropped2.jpg
IC63Cropped2.jpg (260.98 KiB) Viewed 1264 times