Pacman Nebula

User images created with StarTools.
decay

Re: Pacman Nebula

Post by decay »

Hi Klaus,

sorry for the late reply, but I needed some help to solve donut correlated problems, as you might have read. ;)
KlausKlaus wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:54 am Last but not least, Startools does a tremendous job making presentable images from so-so data
Definitely, ST is awesome in this regard! It made my day with my first poor data sets and convinced me to go on with AP.
KlausKlaus wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:54 am Open - AutoDev - Crop - Wipe (NrwBnd) - AutoDev (ROI, IFD 2.0) - Contrast - HDR - SVDecon - Color (Sample, Highlight Repair 4px***) - Shrink (Tighten) - Shrink (Unglow) - Shrink (Dim) - SuperStructure - Denoise.
That seems to a lot effort to get decent stars? :think: I was thinking about buying a high quality refractor some day as well, but this is sadly not what I would have expected. Have you considered buying a Newtonian? If you like, take a look for example on Stefan's (Stefan B) images here on ST forum, they have an awesome quality and he uses a 6" f/5 Newtonian which is pretty affordable compared to APO refractors ... :think:

Best regards, Dietmar.

Edit P.S.: Of course, there are a lot more people here making incredible images with Newtonians - Martin, Mike ... without claim to completeness. :) It was just my first thought.
decay

Re: Pacman Nebula

Post by decay »

Hi Klaus,
KlausKlaus wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:48 pm all of which is not necessary w/ my RedCat
sorry, I just reread the thread and I recognised that you already upgraded to your RedCat. I've seen your images on AstroBin, they are looking indeed much better then the images with your TecnoSky. :thumbsup:

So obviously no need for a Newtonian.

Best regards, Dietmar.