New Data on Tarantula Nebula NGC 2070

User images created with StarTools.
decay

Re: New Data on Tarantula Nebula NGC 2070

Post by decay »

Mike in Rancho wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:49 am Ah, took me a minute to translate kicking goals from soccer into American.
Yes, Mike - no soccer in the US and no baseball in Europe. What a pity ;)
BTW, you once used the phrase 'to ballpark'. It took several minutes and the use of online dictionaries for me until I figured out what it means :lol:

Best regards, Dietmar.
Startrek

Post by Startrek »

decay wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:39 pm Hi Martin,

such a great object - and such a stunning image :thumbsup:
Startrek wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:02 am It does prove you don’t to need to spend a lot of money on the hobby to capture and process some reasonable images
I think that's true, Martin. With my entry level 8" f/5 GSO Newt and low-end Canon DSLR camera the problem is never the hardware, but in almost all cases behind the scope ;) I guess the only really important thing for AP is a decent mount.
Startrek wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:02 am I still have my new 10” Carbon fibre newt at my dark site which I’ve only used 3 or 4 times this year
I remember a 'dictum' - something like "the best camera is the camera that you are carrying with you" - and not the high-end camera you left at home. I think that's similar to your case – you take great shots with your affordable equipment simply because you can take advantage of the opportunity when one arises.
Startrek wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:07 am I do have family in the US ( LA and Seattle ) cousins, but haven’t visited them for a long time. Must get back to the US at some stage in the future
Remember to take your scope with you if you ever visit your family in the US. That’s the opportunity to to capture some objects of the Northern Skies. ;-)

Best regards, Dietmar.
Thanks Dietmar
Much appreciated
Martin
Mike in Rancho

Post by Mike in Rancho »

decay wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:47 pm
Yes, Mike - no soccer in the US and no baseball in Europe. What a pity ;)
BTW, you once used the phrase 'to ballpark'. It took several minutes and the use of online dictionaries for me until I figured out what it means :lol:

Best regards, Dietmar.
Ruh Roh. :oops: Sorry, Dietmar! Didn't realize my phrasing could be so far out in left field. ;)