Bubble nebulae

User images created with StarTools.
fmeireso

Bubble nebulae

Post by fmeireso »

NGC 7635 Bubble nebulae. I had some issues acquiring thatone. Somehow my camera got shifted after taking the mono subs...bit a miracle flats still did work after the shifting....When i took the OSC subs i used thesame shifted orientation...mistake..so a compromised frame.

Still worhtwhile, but the colors , dunno, i guess i would liked it a bit just red in stead of red/orange. Fortunately despite the tilt issues i still managed to get M52 in the field, but only just barly.
NGC7635Gimp4.jpg
NGC7635Gimp4.jpg (471.47 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
Mike in Rancho

Re: Bubble nebulae

Post by Mike in Rancho »

Good Bubble, Freddy. What kind of composition is this?

I was guessing maybe some kind of HaRGB, but there doesn't seem to be enough blue in the star field. :think:
fmeireso

Post by fmeireso »

Thanks Mike,

I used L,RGB in the composite module. And the stacks was as usual a mono stack and a color OSC stack. Again i had trouble to get it red/orange. The bubble comes out very pink...
I used a 102 mm at F/7 scope, FPL53 doublet, 5 hr 18 minutes mono, and about 2.5 hours color. Would wanted more but clouds rolled in on that occasion.

I have a HOO version too, like the red there more but not satisfied with the color of the stars in thatone. And the bubble sefl comes out a bit nicer. I will post an image later.

On the mono stack i used an Ha filter. No L-enhance in this effort.

Took me half a day to produce an presentable image...processing remains difficult, at least for me.
fmeireso

Post by fmeireso »

HOO rendering, red in the red channel and blue/green in both green and blue channel

Like the bubble self more , but the stars a bit less...
NGC7635Gimp500.jpg
NGC7635Gimp500.jpg (500.92 KiB) Viewed 1427 times
decay

Post by decay »

The bubble looks great, Freddy! :thumbsup:

And I almost can't believe, that wheater in Belgium allowed you to set up your scope. I feel like I have'nt seen the sun for weeks :lol:
I like the first first rentition a bit better. But you're right, the bubble itselfs comes out better in the second rendition ...
BTW: Did you use the ST 9 preview version? In the first rendition the bright stars seem to have darks cores ... ?

Best regards, Dietmar.
fmeireso

Post by fmeireso »

The weather here is absoluty a nuisance, Dietmar. Very difficult to evaluate, i missed 2 clear evenings, cause the forecast was just plain wrong. On the third occasion i went for it, time was limited , i knew clouds would come in, only not really knowing how much time i had...as it turned out i could get 2.5 hours.

I used no new version but the 1.8.x version, i did know there was a 1.9 preview allready...might check on that... :thumbsup: