M53, distant globular

User images created with StarTools.
fmeireso

M53, distant globular

Post by fmeireso »

Hi all,

To say it like this, i like the picture...

But is what is strange is that my stars look fairly good, i mean , there are almost ,to none, ringing artifacts.
I used the classical deconvulation, and many iterations , i believe about 50, works always good on globs.
Normaly i get ringing artifacts in big stars,or bigger stars but this time they are as good as absent; strange this all is.

My stars are even still round. Off course they should, but i had some guiding issues that night, both nights actually; my image scale was 0.84 and i was more then once over 1.4 RMS. Afterwards the log revealed a severe polar drift, so my polar alignment must have been way off...
I know i hitted a cable, lost even the connection with the mount, but that could be immediately be restored using the buttons in APT...
I still don't really know what happened. It was all a bit strange, my plate solving did not work as it should and i had some troubleshooting going on; Lost much time and eventually settled for M53 only, allthough the goal was the catch M53 and the nearby NGC 5053. Failed it...
M53Gimp (Large).jpg
M53Gimp (Large).jpg (356.34 KiB) Viewed 27123 times