M 1 - Phase 1 - OSC

User images created with StarTools.
dx_ron

M 1 - Phase 1 - OSC

Post by dx_ron »

M1_OSC_430x90s_2.5sec_rgb_tight-crop_svd-1st_bin71.jpg
M1_OSC_430x90s_2.5sec_rgb_tight-crop_svd-1st_bin71.jpg (498.02 KiB) Viewed 2081 times
430x90s HCG (10hr 45m), AT130EDT, Risingcam IMX571c

I collected more like 15 hours, but there was this nice stretch of quite good seeing so I culled it down to stack only the subs with better than 2.5" FWHM. I also tried ~7hrs of subs with <2.25" FWHM, but I couldn't see much improvement in fine details but could see the loss of SNR. This is cropped in way more than I usually crop, and I cropped it this way before any other processing. So Wipe (easier with the smaller FoV), Optidev then straight to SVD. Binned to 71% after SVD then went back to Contrast, HDR (1.10 tame; 42% Highlight & Shadow Boost), then Sharpen (yeah, I know - I usually skip Sharpen, too), Color, NR.

There's still some star-color offsetting, even though the color channels were realigned to each other in Siril.

Will there be a Phase 2 (duoband)? I hope so, but the weather looks useless for the foreseeable future. And I'm really hoping to work on a few galaxies. Maybe Phase 2 will wait for proper mono so I can do one of those hopelessly garish Crabs you see from real imagers - and who knows how far in the future that might be.