Utility to replay StarTools sessions

General discussion about StarTools.
cytan299

Re: Utility to replay StarTools sessions

Post by cytan299 »

cytan299 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:41 pm
Guy wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:13 am Hi,

I have looked into supporting macOS in the same way as Linux - by using mono.
However, the show-stopper (for now) was that mono supports macOS version 10.9 (Maverick) and above but is not fully supported on v10.18 (Catalina) and later.
Catalina does not support 32-bit applications and mono 64-bit does not support Windows.Forms which we need.

If any experienced mac developer has any ideas of how I could provide macOS support relatively easily - please PM me.

Guy
I'm not a programmer, but one possibility is to run STReplay under wine (yes, there is now a free 64 bit version of wine that runs under Catalina and above). But STReplay will have to somehow call the Mac version of StarTools.

Is this something that we can try out?

cytan
And here's STReplay playing under Wine64 on my Mac:
Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 9.04.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 9.04.40 AM.png (553.04 KiB) Viewed 102427 times
cytan
Guy

Post by Guy »

Hi,

I had a quick look at the Wine website and I see it works on Linux as well as Mac.

If there is someone out there with Wine on Mac experience who is willing to help with testing, it may be possible for me to develop and troubleshoot the main issues with STReplay using Wine on Linux, and then hopefully the transition to Mac will be more straightforward.

We will need to see how easily it is to access a common file share between Wine and the Mac.

Any volunteers?

Edit: Just seen the second part of your post Cytan. What issues have you found so far?

Regards,

Guy
cytan299

Post by cytan299 »

Guy wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:21 pm Hi,

I had a quick look at the Wine website and I see it works on Linux as well as Mac.

If there is someone out there with Wine on Mac experience who is willing to help with testing, it may be possible for me to develop and troubleshoot the main issues with STReplay using Wine on Linux, and then hopefully the transition to Mac will be more straightforward.

We will need to see how easily it is to access a common file share between Wine and the Mac.

Any volunteers?

Edit: Just seen the second part of your post Cytan. What issues have you found so far?

Regards,

Guy
I can help test on Mac. Sorry, I haven't had the chance to test STReplay on Wine64 yet (at work). Does STReply work with the new StarTools 1.9 alpha or do I need to revert back to the previous version?

cytan
hixx

Post by hixx »

Awesome news! :thumbsup:
I hope You'll be able to work this out.
Cheers,
Jochen
Guy

Post by Guy »

New beta release of STReplay for Windows & Linux (v0.66.93)

I have just uploaded the latest beta version of STReplay (0.66.93) which is generally available for people to try.

What's new:
  • Added support for StarTools versions up to 1.9.560 beta 4
  • Added Analysis options to 'Session Information'
  • Added FITS file support on Session Information viewer - requires ImageMagick
  • Added support for StarTools config file
  • Added Wine Support for Linux
  • Removed support for StarTools versions before 1.7.450
  • Improved bit depth on some images
  • Fixed minor bugs
To install:
Download the file STReplay.zip to your hard drive from here
Extract the files from the zipped file STReplay.zip into a folder on the hard drive.

Please read the 'Notes for Beta Testers.txt' file and the 'STReplayNotes' PDF

It is still beta so you may find some problems. Please report these to me by PM.

Also, as always, thanks to Ivo for the work with the interface to StarTools, and for all the help from the testers.

Regards,

Guy
Guy

Post by Guy »

New beta release of STReplay for Windows & Linux (v0.67.94)

I have just uploaded the latest beta version of STReplay (0.67.94) which is generally available for people to try.
This mainly just fixes bugs found in the previous version.

What's new:
  • Added support for StarTools version 1.9.560 beta 4
  • Added 'StarTools Video - Hubble Pillars' demo for StarTools v1.9.558
  • Fixed bug processing 'RoI Optimized Develop' and 'Photographic Film Development Emulation' modules in 1.9.558+
  • Fixed bug in 'Bin' module
  • Fixed other minor bugs
To install:
Extract the files from the zipped file STReplay.zip into a folder on the hard drive.

It is still beta so you may find some problems. Please report these to me by PM.

Also, as always, thanks to Ivo for the work with the interface to StarTools, and for all the help from the testers.

Regards,

Guy
happy-kat

Post by happy-kat »

hi Guy, thank you for an updated version to try, I just downloaded it and it is version v0.67.93 in the zip file
Guy

Post by Guy »

Hi,
Thanks for spotting that so quickly.
I have now uploaded the latest version.

Guy
Guy

Post by Guy »

New beta release of STReplay for Windows & Linux (v0.69.97)

I have just uploaded the latest beta version of STReplay (0.69.97), a small bug fix, which is generally available for people to try.
This mainly just fixes bugs found in the previous version.

What's new:
  • Fixed bugs in NBAccent 1.9 where parameters were not managed correctly
  • Fixed Handling UNKNOWN Parameter in Startools logs in the NBAccent section.
To install:

Regards,

Guy