green background during noise reduction

General discussion about StarTools.
Lawrence

green background during noise reduction

Post by Lawrence »

Although I seem to be making progress during my learning of ST I still come across problems where I cannot identify what should be done. This is problem number 1:

When I get a generally acceptable picture (given my own knowledge limitations) I enter final noise reduction. The first stage involves adjusting the clump factor. This slowly increases a background green level for some unknown reason. The second (final) stage then produces an apparently cleaner image but it is always far greener than previously. This is after the colour stage so I am reluctant to go backwards to reduce it. I have no idea what I should do to improve this because it happens every time I do noise reduction.

Any advice much appreciated.

Lawrence Harris
admin
Site Admin

Re: green background during noise reduction

Post by admin »

Hi Lawrence,

Which version of StarTools are you using?
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

admin wrote:Hi Lawrence,

Which version of StarTools are you using?
v 14332 Please remember my original query of some time back: The manual notes have no version numbers and contain large sections labelled 'to be written'. Every time I download the complete (latest) version it turns out to be the same version as before - no version numbers.

No criticism intended; ST is the best program as far as I am concerned - it just me climbing the learning curve!

Lawrence Harris
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Lawrence wrote: v 14332
Aha! This issue has been fixed since 1.4.336. Try the latest version and see how you fare.

Still trying to find some time to do a content overhaul, which should add version numbering...
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast