Batch processing

General discussion about StarTools.
orfest

Batch processing

Post by orfest »

I expect this to be a frequently asked question, but I couldn't find any information.

I have 50 shots that I want to process. I processed one of them (bin, crop, dev, noise). How can I repeat this process for the other 49 shots?
These are separate shots and not a single stacked shot, because I was imaging a comet, and would like to see it move across the field.

The file CHANGELOG' has this line:

Code: Select all

Re-instated mouse click injection for ST Replay
Is 'ST Replay' somehow related to the batch processing? How can I use it?
orfest

Re: Batch processing

Post by orfest »

Found this the STReplay tool viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1368&start=50, it even works on Linux.
This is an awesome piece of technology.
However, I can't stop wondering that this technology shouldn't be needed. Inter-application communication should have a better interface than emulating mouse clicks.

I wish there was an open source image post-processing software.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Batch processing

Post by admin »

Hi,
I expect this to be a frequently asked question
While I understand your particular use case (a moving sequence of images/video), the processing of single-frame images for the purpose of a video is not a typical use case, nor typical/best practice when processing comet datasets (a cometary stacking algorithm is recommended instead).

Starting with a good (stacked and calibrated) dataset is paramount to letting StarTools achieve best astrophotographical results, and capitalise on what it is good at.

I hope that makes sense/helps!
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast