my final image doesn't have color

General discussion about StarTools.
old star gazer

my final image doesn't have color

Post by old star gazer »

This is probably an elementary mistake on my part
I have version 1.4.330 that I am barely able to use (novice)
I recently purchased the update for 1.7.461

The issue I am having is that my final image after tracking with 1.7.461 does not have color
I can take the same stacked fits file in 1.4.330 and get color

Am I not saving the Wipe properly? Am I missing a step?

I know I struggle with StarTools but I am able to at least get color!
I have changed recently to using a ASI294MC Pro OSC, but I don't believe this has anything to do with the issue

Regards,
Bruce
old star gazer

Re: my final image doesn't have color

Post by old star gazer »

I've started that YouTube video but haven't finished it. Is there some part of it that specifically shows how to have color return to the image?

Bruce
Mike in Rancho

Post by Mike in Rancho »

Can you link the stack so we can examine it and hunt for color?

The 294s are also known to be tricky cameras that need their calibration frames taken just so. But, if you can find color in an older version but not the latest, we should be able to figure out why.

Once you get used to 1.7 a little bit, wait until you see the goodies in 1.8. :D
hixx

Post by hixx »

Color should start to show up once You've ran the Color Module. Some Modules (e.g. Wipe) have a Color/Luminance button which provides a preview for the chroma dataset. Please check out the workflow part in the inofficial manual (available on download section) for details.
good luck,
jochen
old star gazer

Post by old star gazer »

hixx wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:10 am Color should start to show up once You've ran the Color Module. Some Modules (e.g. Wipe) have a Color/Luminance button which provides a preview for the chroma dataset. Please check out the workflow part in the inofficial manual (available on download section) for details.
good luck,
jochen
I watched the YouTube video suggested my a previous reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjbK9M-oDUo

and I got more color.. not sure why. I guess eventually I will figure out what StarTools is doing.

Anyway it creates more color at the expense of the CA from my telescope objective to be purple fringed. I today downloaded it and will review the Color Module instructions.

I also wonder what happened to the Manual Dev icon.. Replaced by film Dev??