New to Star Tools help needed

General discussion about StarTools.
moviecells

New to Star Tools help needed

Post by moviecells »

Hi everyone

i am new to star tools and hope someone can point out the problem i am having with large stars in my images during processing. Did a few searches here and on google but no luck.

My data i from Astro Pixel Processor Ha/S/O unstreched just stacked data.
I load it in to Star Tools compose
The do a crop then AutoDev but my large stars come out with grey halo areas around them. I checked Ha/S/O images in APP and all the stars look the same size and if i processed the data in APP for a final image is fine but in Star Tools stars look like this with a hot spot in the center which looks to be the original star size but then a grey Halo around them ? Tried manual FilmDev but results the same.

Tried to add a image of the problem but can't seem to find a way to add a image to this post.

Mike
almcl

Re: New to Star Tools help needed

Post by almcl »

Hi Mike

Welcome to the world of StarTools.

If I've understood correctly you have loaded your data, cropped it and then Autodev'ed it? You need to wipe it and then re-Autodev it, using a Region of Interest (ROI), then sliders for Ignore Fine Detail and Outside RoI influence. You will likely still have some Glow around the stars, but this can be dealt with in the later modules.

If you haven't found it yet, the User notes give details on how to use the various modules viewforum.php?f=12
and the 'Unofficial' guide https://www.startools.org/downloads/uno ... sh-manual- is also well worth a look.

Finally if you post your unprocessed stack on a a file sharing website (Dropbox, Google Drive or similar) maybe some of the other users can have a go and see if they can achieve what you are after?

Al
Skywatcher 190MN, ASI 2600 or astro modded Canon 700d, guided by OAG, ASI120, PHD2
moviecells

Post by moviecells »

Hi Al

Thanks i am going to play around a little more, can i ask how do you add a picture to a forum message ?

Mike
almcl

Post by almcl »

To add an image (I think there's a size limit, so a full size DSLR image probably won't fit) click on the 'Attachments' tab at the bottom of the post reply screen:
add files1.jpg
add files1.jpg (27.31 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
Then click on the Add files button:

add files2.jpg
add files2.jpg (32.26 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
Skywatcher 190MN, ASI 2600 or astro modded Canon 700d, guided by OAG, ASI120, PHD2
happy-kat

Post by happy-kat »

if the image cannot illustrate your question in a small file size then you may need to use something like drop box to share it