StarTools 1.9 preview

General discussion about StarTools.
hixx

Re: StarTools 1.9 preview

Post by hixx »

Hi Dietmar,
P.S.: Do you have some kind of text file containing all translated texts? If so and if you think it makes sense, you could send me this file via PM.

Yes, I have compiled an Excel file which contains all items in 3 langages. I'll send it to Youby PM.
I could not get the language config to work though, but largeGUI worked. Please let me know Let me know if this is the same for You (I'm working on a MAC so it might be OS related). I hope German GUI will be useful for more than 1 user, though. The work was fun, it kept me busy during my vacation with extended bad weather period (last clear 3 hours where in November)

Jochen
decay

Post by decay »

hixx wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:56 pm I could not get the language config to work though, but largeGUI worked. Please let me know Let me know if this is the same for You (I'm working on a MAC so it might be OS related).
Hi Jochen, language config doesn't work for me either (Windows 10) :( And "esp" does not work , too.
Regarding the other point(s) I'll reply tomorrow, thanks!

Best regards, Dietmar.
decay

Post by decay »

hixx wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:56 pm I hope German GUI will be useful for more than 1 user, though.
At least we have Stefan (@Stefan B) And now he will get a mail :D

I'm sure there are other German speaking ST users out there. And this maybe is a bit like the problem with the egg and the hen. But you did the first step (whatever, egg or hen ;) ) and I think, is was right doing that :thumbsup:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I just uploaded 1.9.536 alpha, which should fix the issue of enabling "deutsch" and "esp". Do let me know how you get on!
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
decay

Post by decay »

admin wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:00 am fix the issue of enabling "deutsch" and "esp". Do let me know how you get on!
Now it works fine, Ivo :thumbsup: Thanks a lot!
Best regards, Dietmar.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

decay wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:31 am
admin wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:00 am fix the issue of enabling "deutsch" and "esp". Do let me know how you get on!
Now it works fine, Ivo :thumbsup: Thanks a lot!
Best regards, Dietmar.
:obscene-drinkingcheers:
Ivo Jager
decay

Post by decay »

Hi Ivo,

not sure, if it's of interest, but in the last changelog you wrote that apodisation mask generation was improved. Coincidentally I stumbled across this dataset, not one single starfishy matches a star ... :(
2023-01-12 18_58_23-StarTools.jpg
2023-01-12 18_58_23-StarTools.jpg (103.78 KiB) Viewed 8555 times
Please note, this dataset is from the very beginning of my AP and it is of very poor quality.
(I'm currently cross-checking Jochens translations and I needed a dataset which shows this stacking artefact warning.)

Best regards, Dietmar.
Mike in Rancho

Post by Mike in Rancho »

Yes Dietmar, I think this one is a tough balance. Also seemed to depend how much binning was done. But the prior release starfishy sampling was actually working great on my M78 composite - so many selectable stars! 536 on the same data is giving me a thinner selection, especially across the top of the image oddly enough, though the rest of it was similar.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1.9.539 is now available. I have temporarily disabled the eccentricity test (it was testing against global eccentricity, while it should be testing against local star population). This should yield more star candidates for now, but also some potentially lower quality ones.

CHANGELOG
  • Fixed memory allocation/release sequence bug in Wipe
  • Fixed graphical glitch in Entropy module
  • Lots more translations
  • Tweaked mask generation in SV Decon
  • Fixed 2x Uncalibrated 1 preset in UI in Wipe
  • Tweaked deringing in SV Decon
Clear skies!
Ivo Jager
Carles

Post by Carles »

admin wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:16 am
Mike in Rancho wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:06 am Sweet! :bow-yellow:

Um, gracias, and, danke schon. :?:
I would've managed Dutch, but if it weren't for @hixx and @Carles "gracias" and "danke schön" would've indeed been my entire contribution to the Spanish and German translation too. :D
Awesome! "no hay de qué!" :D