Processing a batch of images at once?

General discussion about StarTools.
Graham Darke

Processing a batch of images at once?

Post by Graham Darke »

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if there is a way of processing a batch of images together or in the same way? I have 60 images of a comet which I would like to put into a movie and I need to apply the same processing to each individual sub frame. I was hoping not to have to individually process each one. Is there a way to do this in StarTools? Many thanks.
Mike in Rancho

Re: Processing a batch of images at once?

Post by Mike in Rancho »

Hi Graham,

Personally I am not aware of any kind of batch mode, but hopefully someone else can chime in if they know or have ideas.

All I can think of is finding a way to utilize STReplay, which can automate prior processing settings. Technically that's not batch processing, but it can ease the manual labor involved in replicating the same steps over and over.

That being said, it all depends. :confusion-shrug:

The way many ST modules focus on the data for applying tools and parameters, things are often dynamic. Identical settings on one dataset will not necessarily produce the same results on a different dataset. Query whether the shifting field against the comet will trigger different responses from modules like Wipe, OptiDev, and Contrast, let alone Deconvolution (stars will be different). :think:

What can you tell us about your sequence of images, and what ST workflow worked for one that you are wanting to apply to the rest?