Hangs in compose module

Bugs, glitches and unexpected behaviour.
almcl

Hangs in compose module

Post by almcl »

Not sure if this is a bug, or just user incompetence, but when in the compose module, loading the different channels, initially the Windows hour glass appears then the StarTools spinner. If another function such as load another channel is clicked while either hour glass or spinner are showing, the program hangs with all buttons becoming unresponsive and has to be closed (the 'close program' cross is the only control that still functions). I've mainly noticed this on the AVX2 versions, most recently 1.6.386 Beta, but think I remember it happening with previous versions, as well.

The solution is, of course, not to click until the spinner has finished, but I still manage to forget quite often... so if a solution is possible, I'd be grateful.

Platform is Intel i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 16Gb RAM, Win 10 64 bit
Skywatcher 190MN, ASI 2600 or astro modded Canon 700d, guided by OAG, ASI120, PHD2
admin
Site Admin

Re: Hangs in compose module

Post by admin »

Thank you, I've heard of this issue before but have never been able to replicate it for some reason. This definitely needs to be fixed if it is happening for multiple people. Thank you for reporting.
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast