Compose module freeze

Bugs, glitches and unexpected behaviour.
happy-kat

Compose module freeze

Post by happy-kat »

I have been seeing this in 1.6 and all 1.7 flavours
Compose module > select one of the 4 channels > chose a file using the file window dialog and select open > wait a bit
if you do not wait for the image to load and display and the file name to appear for the selected channel before you select the next file to load by picking any one of the 4 options StarTools will freeze.

W10 64bit either version
Russ.Carpenter

Re: Compose module freeze

Post by Russ.Carpenter »

I see the same behavior with all versions of 1.7, using an iMac running the most recent version of Catalina.

Russ
Heno

Post by Heno »

I have experienced this as well even when I wait until the previous image is fully loaded. The only way out of it is to shut down Startools.
A debug log is produced saying: [1024/155219.389:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc(43)] FindFirstFile: Systemet finner ikke angitt bane. (0x3)
Translated from Norwegian: System cannot find the path.
But I just gave the path by clicking the file.
rodolgo

Post by rodolgo »

Running 1.7.456 on a MacBook Pro, Big Sur: same issue. If I rush it and do not wait for the image to be fully loaded, app freezes, I must kill it and restart.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just a quick update; annoyingly I'm still having trouble replicating this. However I will rewrite the way data is import is handled. When I do, can I get any of you to test it for me?

Thank you!
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
happy-kat

Post by happy-kat »

yes the freeze happens for me too, so I could test any version to see if still there
fmeireso

Post by fmeireso »

Ha , i experienced this too...

Thought i was having I/O issues...hardware...cause DSS ssometimes quits on me too, when loading frames...
fmeireso

Post by fmeireso »

admin wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:55 pm Just a quick update; annoyingly I'm still having trouble replicating this. However I will rewrite the way data is import is handled. When I do, can I get any of you to test it for me?

Thank you!
I am willing test it should it become available....

It is a bit annoying otoh still workable.
5SmallHokies

Post by 5SmallHokies »

I'm seeing this too. I'm using 1.7.458

I think it happens if you don't wait long enough (for the 'hour glass' to finish) when choosing the next file. Ivo's fast computer probably moves past this making it hard to replicate (or he's simply more patient than me).

I have found a workaround (in Win10 at least). Hit the 'x' in the upper right to close the app. ST will prompt to close or cancel. Hit cancel and it goes back to where you were before choosing the file that locked you up. Turning off Color Ch Interpretation helps speed it up.

I too am open to test it.
Aaron

Lots of stuff to see a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Though I'm still having a bear of a time replicating this. I've just released 1.7 MR6 which might(?) have a fix for this.
Please do let me know if this is still happening. Thank you!
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast