Mouse pointer issue when working in windowed mode

Bugs, glitches and unexpected behaviour.
almcl

Mouse pointer issue when working in windowed mode

Post by almcl »

This is so trivial that I am almost embarrassed to mention it, but when working with StarTools at less than full screen, if the mouse pointer strays outside the StarTools window, when it comes back it remains as a double headed arrow (the windows resize/drag default). Not sure if that's an adequate description, so here's a couple of images:
The normal pointer
The normal pointer
Normal pointer.jpg (19.75 KiB) Viewed 2546 times
the double headed pointer
the double headed pointer
double headed pointer.jpg (20.29 KiB) Viewed 2546 times
This wouldn't matter much but the 'point of action' from the double headed one is in the middle of the icon and this makes selecting things , particularly in the mask module, quite tricky.

Not sure if it's a windows issue or a StarTools one or some combination and I may be the only one experiencing it?
Skywatcher 190MN, ASI 2600 or astro modded Canon 700d, guided by OAG, ASI120, PHD2
admin
Site Admin

Re: Mouse pointer issue when working in windowed mode

Post by admin »

There was a bug in the earlier beta that would cause this, but that should not be present in any of the release versions. Are you running the latest?
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
almcl

Re: Mouse pointer issue when working in windowed mode

Post by almcl »

This is with 1.7.458 Windows64 GPU version, but all the GPU editions (back to 438 which is the earliest I still have) exhibit the behaviour.

System is Windows 10 64 bit, Intel i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 16 GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
Skywatcher 190MN, ASI 2600 or astro modded Canon 700d, guided by OAG, ASI120, PHD2