Workflow save txt

Requests for new features and wish-list items.
Burly

Workflow save txt

Post by Burly »

Ivo would it be possible in the txt file to have a tick box next to each workflow to highlight that workflow,so it could be copied quickly so you don’t have highlight the start and then scroll to find end of workflow which can be quite long in length, or is there a really easy way to do it .

Dave
happy-kat

Re: Workflow save txt

Post by happy-kat »

Have you tried STReplay, it lets you do just that select from which to which step in a process and then carry on with from which step to which step to continue, as examples.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I've been gathering various ideas for 1.9 that have to do with sessions in general, and per-session logs is one of them. Thank you!
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
Burly

Post by Burly »

Thanks Ivo , and HappyKat
MikeHuerto

Post by MikeHuerto »

Hi Ivo
Yes, this would be a great feature - to be able to save sessions, to allow users to come back and improve images.

I did just download Streplay, and will give it a go, but it would so useful if the session could be saved within StarTools, to restart where I've left off.

At the moment, Im just leaving the program open for a day or two until Im convinced I've got everything (= infinity :). )

Thanks again for a great program.
Mike
Mike in Rancho

Post by Mike in Rancho »

Have you folks just been letting the startools.log grow throughout your usage?

Once I noticed that behavior, and how unwieldy it could become, which was pretty much from the get-go, I simply started renaming my log file after each session. The names tend to be descriptive so I can match things up. ST will create a new startools.log on each launch anyway.

And because the often-huge mask coding can make scrolling take a while, I'll also often just use the Find command in notepad to look for particular key words. Or, just use a search string of --- to quickly jump to each module in succession.

I will have to try the STReplay - sounds like it is different than I was thinking it was.

Still, by following one of my saved logs I find I can replicate a past state pretty quickly. The only problem would be a customized mask, if it had not been saved. However, with 1.8 and (unless just added) apod blue boxes not being saved, replication of state via log-following may be more difficult?

When there was only one secondary PSF star, I could usually find the right one: Um, oh yeah, I think that's the same star I used before. Probably. :lol: