Mask module

Requests for new features and wish-list items.
Heno

Mask module

Post by Heno »

When using the flood fill brush modes, it would have been convenient to have sort of a tolerance parameter to accept larger variation in pixel brightness (or darkness).
Sometimes a click gives you a handfull of pixels and sometimes a click fills a lot. Being able to increase/decrease the tolerance you could mask more and more pixels by increasing the tolerance.
Using the Grow button is not the same thing as it does not care about the adjacent pixel brightness.
Mike in Rancho

Re: Mask module

Post by Mike in Rancho »

Do you mean with the similar color and similar brightness modes? I too have thought that could be useful at times.

With the standard flood fill lighter/darker, it's dependent upon the pixel you click and so is variable as it is, in a way. For those then I just clear it and select a different pixel closer in or further back.

Sometimes too, earlier in processing, the details are still too broken up for select to find the right contiguous region, but will work good later on after some things have been resolved better or even coagulated, perhaps, like following an SS or even denoise if you are working post-tracking.
Heno

Re: Mask module

Post by Heno »

Mike in Rancho wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:10 pm Do you mean with the similar color and similar brightness modes? I too have thought that could be useful at times.
I was more thinking of the "Flood fill brighter pixels" brush mode but it would probably be the same for "Similar color" og "Similar brightness".
Good suggestion. I did not think of those, probably because I rarely use them. ;)

Helge