Denoise/track mask

Requests for new features and wish-list items.
astrosatch

Denoise/track mask

Post by astrosatch »

Hi ivo!
First I must say that Startools is great and all hands down to you making such powerful program for astrophotography processing. I'm still learning ways of processing images and when new feature comes I reprocess old data and make it even better. New 1.7 version is progressing nicely with lots of great features however I miss mask in denoise/track module which is present in 1.6 version. Sometimes I would like to make heavy noise reduction of stars to make them more fuzzy or just denoise some particular part of image with a lot of grain. Is it possible to include that option in future versions of ST? Or is there another module that can deal with such situation?

Thank you Ivo for your great work.

Andrej
admin
Site Admin

Re: Denoise/track mask

Post by admin »

Hi Andrej,

You can use the Layer module to work on the "before" and "after" image of any module.
So, for example, after switching Tracking off (which leads to the noise reduction), you can launch the Layer module, click 'Undo -> Background' and the image as it was before it was denoise will be put in the background layer. You can now use a mask to mix the background (not denoised) and foreground (denoised) at will.

Does that help?
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
astrosatch

Re: Denoise/track mask

Post by astrosatch »

Thanks Ivo. Will try that.
Andrej