Colour in 1.6

Questions and answers about problems with the software, modules or functionality.
happy-kat

Re: Colour in 1.6

Post by happy-kat »

I did three more, the results are
1 - DSS 423 BL | ST 1.6.378 and as I type this I can't recall what I did! Has a green cast though not as strong as 2
2 - DSS 423 no WB selected ADH | ST 1.6.378 and opened as linear and not white balanced and selected the 1100d in colour module. This shows a green cast
3 - DSS 423 no WB selected BL | ST 1.6.378 and opened as linear. This had the least green cast and was more colour neutral
It's like one set is auto capping green to yellow and the other capping green to brown (I think I miss that function that used to be in the colour module)
process test rs.jpg
process test rs.jpg (336.93 KiB) Viewed 4180 times
I might revisit a prior data set of something else and process that again, I have a set with rich star colours so could see if they are retained.
No luck the second data set with new stack using NOWB has in the colour module got a massive red cast when selecting the 1100d.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Per my previous post, does the green cast still happen if you select 1100D first and then color balance?
E.g. selecting the 1100D (or any other camera) resets the white balance to the prescribed white balance for that camera - you will need to re-balance (or at least click 'Sample').
Does that help at all?
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
happy-kat

Post by happy-kat »

Thanks Ivo
On a quick run through now the missing link was the use of the 'sample' icon after selecting the camera matrix in the colour module.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

happy-kat wrote:Thanks Ivo
On a quick run through now the missing link was the use of the 'sample' icon after selecting the camera matrix in the colour module.
Ok, good to hear. Of course this ratio "resetting" behaviour isn't/wasn't documented anywhere yet, so I get the confusion. I might try and make it a bit smarter, so it doesn't do the resetting if you have already set a custom ratio.... :think:
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
happy-kat

Post by happy-kat »

I think it is better being kept as a user control function please.
I prefer having choice.
The previous function of choosing to cap green to yellow or brown was a useful user function, though that is removed now with the new colour options, but I did look for it.