Freeze after "New Folder"

Questions and answers about problems with the software, modules or functionality.
Russ.Carpenter

Freeze after "New Folder"

Post by Russ.Carpenter »

I may have uncovered a bug. After having finished with processing an image, I'm running into a problem with "Save." When you press "Save" you are taken to a standard MacOS window, which allows you to create a new folder. If you press the button for creating a new folder, StarTools freezes.

I'm using an iMac running the most recent version of Catalina, and version 1.7.456 of StarTools. A few days ago I was helping a friend learn StarTools, via Zoom. He had the same experience. He was also using an iMac running the most recent version of Catalina, and version 1.7.456 of StarTools.

As always, I'm completely impressed by this software and Ivo's support of it.

Russ
admin
Site Admin

Re: Freeze after "New Folder"

Post by admin »

Thank you Russ.

I am unable to replicate this unfortunately (New Folder works as expected), but it definitely sounds like an OS issue (StarTools does not handle any of the dialog or folder creation code - it's all macOS). I think I have actually heard about this issue in the past in bug reports for other macOS applications, but can't remember what the outcome was. I vaguely remember it may have had something to do with a 3rd party plug-in (do you use any such plug-in perhaps?).
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
Russ.Carpenter

Re: Freeze after "New Folder"

Post by Russ.Carpenter »

Not to worry. These days I just make sure that my destination folder already exists before saving a StarTools file.

Russ