How to use compose module with HO bicolour

Questions and answers about problems with the software, modules or functionality.
Rkonrad

How to use compose module with HO bicolour

Post by Rkonrad »

To load Ha and Oiii into compose, I usually blend the two together 50/50, using it as the luminance - then Ha goes to R, Oiii goes to both green and blue.
Is there another way to do it? I'm wondering about leaving L blank, then Ha to R, Oiii to G, and Oiii to blue but "not set" so Ha and Oiii are equal (not 2 Oiii) in creating a synthetic luminance.

Thanks!

Richard
Mike in Rancho

Re: How to use compose module with HO bicolour

Post by Mike in Rancho »

I think you have it right, Richard. And you just barely missed this one also, by a few days. :D

Ivo's post: viewtopic.php?p=11733#p11733

I actually tried this myself on some practice mono data after reading it, loading Ha into R and OIII just into G, and then selecting the L+Synth L for bicolor setting above (not the OSC/DSLR one). Seemed to work just as expected in creating an HOO, working in the Synth L the whole way up to the color module, and then being able to select bicolor therein to open the matrix options. The G and B sliders worked the same way I am used to them working when I do my OSC duoband bicolors.