HOO + RGB - Stacking in Sirilic

General discussion about StarTools.
firebrand18

HOO + RGB - Stacking in Sirilic

Post by firebrand18 »

Hi team,

I am increasingly integrating L-Extreme narrowband with L-Pro/UV-IR broadband to add RGB star colors to HOO/H(H+O)O composites with good results.

So far, I use DSS in Standard mode for this combo to register/align/stack, using a reference frame from the L-Extreme image session in the L-Pro/UV-IR image session so everything aligns properly; works great; same Bin/Crop in ST afterwards.

Now I am starting to use Siril for stacking and get better results than DSS (less noise, better color/detail) but I have no idea how to do the reference frame process as done in DSS.

I use Sirilic front-end; works great with regular stacking but does anyone know how to do the DSS process in Sirilic so I get properly aligned narrowband and RGB stacks from separate nights of imaging?

Cheers,
Nick
Ricker

Re: HOO + RGB - Stacking in Sirilic

Post by Ricker »

I use sitilic too. Excellent software and allows for quick stacking and the process to be scripted..

I have let siril to pick a reference frame across filters, seems to do just fine.
You have got me thinking though.
Topographic

Post by Topographic »

Nick

If you haven't seen this

https://siril.org/docs/sirilic/

David
firebrand18

Post by firebrand18 »

Yes, I downloaded that same doc and use multi-session stacking successfully but can't find the specific process I'm talking about with reference files from different sessions being included but unchecked to ensure identical alignment across separate narrow and visual stacks.

Have to dig deeper I guess; hoping someone here has done it already and can provide guidance.
Cheman

Post by Cheman »

they just released a new version of Siril Release candidate RC1.0.0 Have not had a chance to use it yet but it appears there are some new features..
Che
firebrand18

Post by firebrand18 »

Thanks Che, I will definitely check out the new release. Nowhere in Sirilic can I find where you would add a light frame from a different stack, uncheck it but use it as the reference frame like in DSS; I know Sirilic is the front-end GUI that simplifies the back-end Siril scripts which still run once you launch through Sirilic. Maybe need to dig in there to find it but if I understand Siril, it does not do multi-session (night) stacking; that's what Sirilc does but I could be way off.

Cheers,
Nick
Cheman

Post by Cheman »

Hi Nick
Ive stumbled across some tutorials by this gentleman re: Siril He has a whole series on Siril and has written some scripts. In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuGEwV9e_ZY at about the 45:30 mark, he demonstrates using his align script, I think this may be just what you (and I for that matter) have been looking for. In another video, he goes thru a full manual process in siril and I think you can also do it that way, but his scripts make things easy. I have not tried his align script yet, but am looking forward to it.
Hope this help
Che
firebrand18

Post by firebrand18 »

Thanks Che, I will install the latest version and go through the video. Hope it answers our queries.

Cheers,
Nick