Pacman Nebula

User images created with StarTools.
Burly

Pacman Nebula

Post by Burly »

Pacman Nebula 8.3 hrs L Extreme filter zwo 533mc ,stacked in Astap ,Processing in Startools
Attachments
Pacman -8.3hrs widerfield .jpg
Pacman -8.3hrs widerfield .jpg (576.26 KiB) Viewed 2722 times
decay

Re: Pacman Nebula

Post by decay »

Hi Burly,

nice pacman :) It indeed reminds me of my youth ;)

Just two remarks:

- This is a nice duoband target with a stronger OIII part then the Soul Nebula you recently posted. Have you considered to balance out more towards the OIII component/regions? That looks very nice, a bit like a cave. But of course, that's a matter of taste.

- I'm not sure about some of the stars your images show. I've already seen that last time. The brighter stars seem to have some kind of vertical split? :think:

Best regards, Dietmar.
Burly

Post by Burly »

decay wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:34 pm Hi Burly,

nice pacman :) It indeed reminds me of my youth ;)

Just two remarks:

- This is a nice duoband target with a stronger OIII part then the Soul Nebula you recently posted. Have you considered to balance out more towards the OIII component/regions? That looks very nice, a bit like a cave. But of course, that's a matter of taste.

- I'm not sure about some of the stars your images show. I've already seen that last time. The brighter stars seem to have some kind of vertical split? :think:

Best regards, Dietmar.
Hi dietmar ,My stars are like that with this tecnosky 70AG im afraid bit like pinched optics maybe one day i will upgrade to a williams optics gt81 ,i had a play and brought more o3

regards Dave
Attachments
Pacman Nebula Reprocess .jpg
Pacman Nebula Reprocess .jpg (383.01 KiB) Viewed 2618 times
KlausKlaus

Post by KlausKlaus »

789F089C-19E5-446E-9627-1C251ECF2DB1.jpeg
789F089C-19E5-446E-9627-1C251ECF2DB1.jpeg (512.34 KiB) Viewed 2611 times
Your AG70 seems well behaved compared to my TecnoSky AG90 F/5 “APO”…

CS, Klaus
Burly

Post by Burly »

KlausKlaus wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:48 pm 789F089C-19E5-446E-9627-1C251ECF2DB1.jpeg

Your AG70 seems well behaved compared to my TecnoSky AG90 F/5 “APO”…

CS, Klaus
At least your stars look better than mine klaus , I did think about looking into having scope serviced to see if it can be tweaked , I wouldn’t recommend a tecnosky luckily I bought secondhand used in new condition £600 from a friend if that’s a consolation
decay

Post by decay »

Burly wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:29 pm with this tecnosky 70AG im afraid bit like pinched optics
Hi Dave, what a pity :cry: I would expect perfect results from such a fine scope :confusion-shrug: . Yes, maybe it's worth a try to give it to a local vendor or similar for servicing. Good luck!

I like your second rendition. It nicely shows both emission bands. But of course, the Ha part gets weaker, so it's always some kind of trade-off ... What do you think?

Best regards, Dietmar.
decay

Post by decay »

KlausKlaus wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:48 pm Your AG70 seems well behaved compared to my TecnoSky AG90 F/5 “APO”…
Hi Klaus, I agree with Dave, your stars look better. What do you mean, is wrong with your scope?

But what I noticed, is that you obviously have a quite dark sky? I captured this pacman last month as well, but my image shows less of the fainter parts than yours. Mine is more like Dave's (in terms of the fainter parts).

Best regards, Dietmar.
KlausKlaus

Post by KlausKlaus »

Dietmar,

the bigger stars show opposing color, blue on one side, red on the other. I have to go to great lengths to ameliorate this, all of which is not necessary w/ my RedCat (identical imaging train). It’s more obvious on Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/i87jeu/

CS, Klaus
decay

Post by decay »

Hi Klaus,
KlausKlaus wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:48 pm the bigger stars show opposing color, blue on one side, red on the other
Oh yes, I see. It looks like some kind of tilt :( :think:

Best regards, Dietmar.
KlausKlaus

Post by KlausKlaus »

Hi Dietmar,

in comparison to the one I had got beforehand (https://www.astrobin.com/y7ik9f/), this one is a “good” example. I’ll keep it only since I got it before the big price hike and am going mono down the road.

Last but not least, Startools does a tremendous job making presentable images from so-so data :bow-yellow:

My process now (https://www.astrobin.com/7424ol/) is as follows:
Stack in DSS w/ RGB channel alignment, then process in Startools:
Open - AutoDev - Crop - Wipe (NrwBnd) - AutoDev (ROI, IFD 2.0) - Contrast - HDR - SVDecon - Color (Sample, Highlight Repair 4px***) - Shrink (Tighten) - Shrink (Unglow) - Shrink (Dim) - SuperStructure - Denoise.

CS, Klaus