Bubble Nebula NGC7635.

User images created with StarTools.
Topographic

Bubble Nebula NGC7635.

Post by Topographic »

This is a re-process after acquiring a much more powerful computer and 4K screen. I was able to use the higher quality settings without having crashes or making (and) eating my lunch whilst waiting for some parts of the process to complete.

I Find using -RGB Ratio, CIELab Luminance Retention- gives me better colour, to my eyes anyway. I find the - Straight CIELab Luminance Retention- preset tends to overdo the Ha dominance. I also found , on this image at least, that the setting produced more pleasing star colours.

Interested to know what others think about the LRGB Method Emulation colour presets.

Cheers

David
Lacour
France
Attachments
Bubble23share.jpg
Bubble23share.jpg (485.79 KiB) Viewed 1485 times
Mike in Rancho

Re: Bubble Nebula NGC7635.

Post by Mike in Rancho »

Congrats on the new processing and viewing hardware, David! Getting everything to scale right with a high dpi screen sure is interesting. Most of the internet is still living in 720 or 1080p, and so not all websites want to work well on a 4K monitor.

So many stars in this region, and some great features. Bubble, cluster, a bit of lobster claw. :D

I take it this is full broadband data? For visual spectrum I tend to leave things as-is, meaning straight CIELab default. But I don't have a lot of experience capturing a great deal of Ha only via OSC or R filter, which is my assumption of the acquisition here.

Without going and cross-checking references though, to a glance all the colors seem reasonable for a visual spectrum of this target.
Topographic

Post by Topographic »

Mike

Thanks for that.

I tend to err on the more muted side for colours. The acquiistion was RASA8 ZWO183MC and L2 Astronomik lum filter.

https://www.astrobin.com/u2s5p7/B/ for full resolution version.

Spec for PC is Ryzen 9 5950x, nvidia 4070i graphics and 128gb of RAM. Should keep me going for a long time! Just need to get my Dome syncing again. Had virtually a year out with health problems and getting more automation has been a necessity. Given me a chance to revisit older data though.
Stefan B

Post by Stefan B »

Looks pretty familiar to me. I had data of the Bubble and the cluster in broadband (although without the claw) and it looked pretty similar (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2696 - mine was supplemented with duo NB data). So I guess we both are not too far off ;)

I only very rarely use anything other than Straight CIELab Luminance Retention. I have to be very desperate in the Color module to turn to that drop down ;) But maybe I should do that more often...

Anyway, cool image :thumbsup:

Regards
Stefan