l rgb and ha

General discussion about StarTools.
Burly

l rgb and ha

Post by Burly »

How does one combine L R G B and and Ha i have been messing with an imported dataset but how can i add the ha into compose as i loaded all the channels LRGB avaliable leaving Ha still to be added ?

regards Dave
almcl

Re: l rgb and ha

Post by almcl »

Have a look here and see if it helps?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1815&p=7760&hilit= ... ract#p7760
Skywatcher 190MN, ASI 2600 or astro modded Canon 700d, guided by OAG, ASI120, PHD2
Burly

Post by Burly »

Thanks forgot I asked that before must be having a senior moment 😂😂🤭
almcl

Post by almcl »

Ha ha, I know that feeling!

I have resorted to extracting info like this from the posts, editing it and then storing it in small .txt files in the Astronomy folder. Currently got about a dozen :-)
Skywatcher 190MN, ASI 2600 or astro modded Canon 700d, guided by OAG, ASI120, PHD2
Burly

Post by Burly »

Good idea 💡 I must do that too .
Heno

Post by Heno »

Hi.
I'm probably slow, but there is one thing I don't get in Ivo's explanation in the link:
How do I load both Red and Ha stacks into the compose module to create a new red channel. Is one of them loaded as luminance?

Likewise, if I create a finished image without the Ha stack and then want to add (blend in) the Ha. How do I do that? How do I load them both?

What am I missing here?

Thanks
Helge.
hixx

Post by hixx »

Hi Heno,
you can use the Compose module (set Luminance, Color to L + Synthetic L, Mono) to create a blend (also in mono). Then save this blend. This will be your new red color channel
Yes, in a way. At this point and in that mode, the terms Luminance or Chrominance should not be taken literally . Selecting above mode will combine both your R and Ha data into a single dataset. With this you are combining two B/W datasets into a single mono image.

So one of the datasets might act as "L" the other one as "R" and the mode will be creating a synthetic L out of this "L&R" (effectively R&Ha). So that new "Synthetic L", will turn into your 'new R' when loaded into COMPOSE as R

You will find a great step-by step instruction in Guy's User Notes ("special techniques" section).
Check these out in case of questions, there are many valuable how to's collected from the forum
The User Notes are also included in the Inofficial Manual pdf (available on download section of ST homepage).

clear skies!
jochen
Heno

Post by Heno »

Tanks Jochen
I think I*ve understood it now. I'll give it a try.

Helge