Any optolong l-enhance dataset?

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
mgutierrez

Any optolong l-enhance dataset?

Post by mgutierrez »

Hi,

Could anybody share a dataset (already stacked, if you wish) taken with an optolong l-enhance filter? Preferably with an unmodded dslr.
I'm waiting for one of this filter and in the meanwhile I would like to practice.

Thanks in advance..
Miguel
Stefan B

Re: Any optolong l-enhance dataset?

Post by Stefan B »

Hi Miguel,

I've shared a dataset in a recent thread:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4qc2ukv3a9oy ... 2.FTS?dl=0

It's from a modded dslr. In the other thread (color balancing) I initially shared another stack based on the same data, but Ivo raised concerns that the first stack contains correlated noise. The linked set was my second try. Maybe Ivo can assess if this was an improvement.

Regards
Stefan
mgutierrez

Post by mgutierrez »

Thanks a lot for sharing your data, stephan.

I've been struggling with the image and to be honest this is resulting very very confusing to me, mainly due to the lack of concepts I still have. There are a lot of terms that result very cryptic to me. I'm trying to find out the meaning of them but at least for me is not an easy task. And sometimes a bit frustrating. Sometimes I get completely lost among so many concepts and terms. I have to investigate deeper.

Thanks again for your data.

Miguel
mgutierrez

Post by mgutierrez »

Hi again Stefan,

I've playing with your data, but I don't get a decent result. The stars have always a blue tone that cannot get rid of. I've tried both the compose module (with some doubts, by the way) and also loading the image as a normal fits file (second option). Could you please upload your best result and explain how did you do it?

Thanks in advance.

Miguel
Stefan B

Post by Stefan B »

Hi Miguel,

please have a look at the thread concerning this data set and color balancing in general:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2021

Best regards
Stefan